We need some extra help with several “IT”-like jobs for the club. I want to be sure I have some people trained to support the BBSA website when I finally sail off into the sunset. We also need some extra support for the Leo Wardrup Memorial Cape Charles Cup. Sometimes, I go cruising and we need faster responses when I am gone.
I can use people with all skill levels for some tasks as long as you are comfortable with computers. You can volunteer for short-term projects or ongoing support.
What I am looking for are people who:
- Understand computer systems, the internet, and cloud storage
(such as Dropbox)
- Are comfortable working with a team
(with frequent communication with team members)
- Can be available to respond to requests on short notice. Mostly that is for CCC because as we get close to the deadline, the committee needs quick updates.
- Have better than average Microsoft Excel skills
- Are willing to help with data entry along with other support
- For the website:
- Have basic concepts of web design and data management.
- Understand how to work within the constraints of an application such as Wild Apricot or WordPress
It would also help to find someone who:
- Has experience with more advanced features of Excel, such as:
- Power Query and connections
- Pivot Tables
- Excel worksheet formatting and conditional processing
- VBA programming
- Knows a programming languages, such as Python.
(we are not using this now, but would consider it.)
- HTML, XML, and JSON
If you are interested, please contact me at 919-302-3747 or email@example.com