Mark your calendars for this 20th Anniversary Race weekend in August!
We have started planning the 2023 Leo Wardrup Memorial Cape Charles Cup for August 18-20, with the skipper's meeting on Friday August 18th and racing on Saturday August 19th and Sunday August 20st. We have our “always awesome” social in Cape Charles in the weekend schedule! The Skippers' meeting is again planned to be held at the East Beach Clubhouse!
Soon you will be able to register for the race at www.CCCup.net. Watch for notifications on the BBSA website and Facebook page.
At a value of well over $350, the Early Registration fee is $135, which is a $60 discount on the regular price. Early registration closes July 21. Late Entry Fee is $195 from July 22 to noon August 11.
Included with entry:
· - 1 x Regatta hat
· - 1 x Regatta t-shirt
· - Dinner, beer and wine at the Skippers' Meeting for Skipper plus 1 guest
· - 1 x high quality skipper's bag
· - 2 x dinner tickets for Saturday evening's awards party in Cape Charles
· - Regatta year book, including your boat's photo
· - Free Transportation to/from Cape Charles marinas for Saturday night dinner and awards presentation (5-10 PM) (Please tip anyway)
· - Free Valet service at East Beach Clubhouse for Skippers' Meeting (please tip anyway)
· - Heavy hors d'oeuvres and beer and wine at the final awards party (September date TBD)
· - Slips are available both at Cape Charles downtown (City Docks and CCYC) and the Oyster Farm Marina (LWMCCC will assigned as noted on your entry form).
· - Hand blown glass trophies for winner of each fleet
· - Class winners get Weems & Plath brass lamps.
· - With after-race critique submission, chance to win free entry for 2023 LWMCCC Race.
Continuing this year:
· - Women's t-shirts sizes for sale (S, M, L, and XL)
· - Long sleeve wicking Men and Women UVA block "Tech Shirts" (S, M, L, XL, XXL and XXXL)
· - Crew board for "boats looking for crew" and "crew looking for boats"
· - Enter early with the ability to order additional regalia online through 21 July
Reasons to Participate in the LWM Cape Charles Cup
- It is THE Racing Event for Serious Cruisers, and THE Cruising Event for Serious Racers!
- The Saturday awards social on the docks at Oyster Farm Marina is legendary!
- The Sunday morning breakfast/lunch box is continuing!
- It is a great value for the money!
- It supports youth sailing in Tidewater. Again, last year the LWM Cape Charles Cup committee and BBSA donated $5000 to SAIL NAUTICUS to help support Hampton Roads youth and community sailing.
- It is so much fun!
- For six years in a row, the Cape Charles Cup has been voted the "Best Regatta in the Chesapeake" during Chesapeake Bay Magazine's "Best of the Bay" Competition!
Please pass to your cruising and racing friends: Special $95 entry fee for any owner that has never entered this race before (we know you’ll come back after your first Cape Charles Cup).
Due to the continuing construction at the various Little Creek area marinas, make your reservations early if you plan to sail in and stay overnight on Friday for the Skippers Meeting.
We look forward to having you enter the 20th Annual Cape Charles Cup Regatta.
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Tim J Dull
2022 LWMCCC Event Entry Coordinator